Germany and Israel, both world-renowned manufacturers of water technologies, work together to provide answers to these challenges. As part of the cooperation between the German BMBF and Israeli MOST, research and development projects in the field of water technology are being funded.
The overarching technical spectrum of the cooperation includes:
- Increase of water availability and quality
- Wastewater treatment and reuse
- Energy efficiency in the water sector
- Groundwater investigation and remediation
- Drinking water treatment and health aspects of the drinking water supply
- Integrated water resource management
In annual tenders, the topics for the new grant applications are specified. In 2019, the call will focus on:
- Protection and restoration of surface waters
- Nano-materials for water processes
- Digital transformation of the water sector
The joint project proposals of the German and Israeli partners are selected for funding by the BMBF and MOST, taking into account external assessments. The project submitter will be informed in writing of the outcome of the evaluation. The current announcement is open until March 28th, 2019.