COP28 Side Event of the BMBF in cooperation with German Commission for UNESCO "Accelerating sustainability and climate action – strengthening ESD networks for a ‘whole-of-society’ approach”
The sustainable transformation of education and society will be successful if as many different perspectives and stakeholders as possible come together. The joint event organised by the BMBF and DUK impressively demonstrates the positive impact and dynamics of this multi-stakeholder process, including the National Platform on Education for Sustainable Development, on civil society, science and business. The participants will also discuss the visibility of good ESD practice through the "National Award - Education for Sustainable Development" and the "National Award - Education for Sustainable Development". The event will also use concrete examples such as "Young Climate Action for World Heritage" to demonstrate the synergies and positive effects of education for sustainable development in UNESCO networks.
- Dr. Andrea Ruyter-Petznek, German Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Klaus Schilling, German Commission for UNESCO
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Siegmund, UNESCO-Chair on World Heritage and Biosphere Reserve Observation and Education
- Eva Heinen, Deutscher Volkshochschulverband
- Bertha Argueta, Germanwatch