German-Israeli Water Technology Cooperation: New Call for Proposals 2023
With a new round of research projects, the German-Israeli water technology cooperation maintains continuity in the relations between the two countries. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and Israel's Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) are calling on researchers from both countries to submit proposals for bilateral R&D projects in the field of water technology. The deadline for applications is March 13, 2024.
For the new deadline, applications are sought in the following topic areas:
• Biotechnology for water treatment
• Water reuse in agriculture
The overall goals of the cooperation are:
• To improve the water situation in Israel and the surrounding area and/or Germany. Transferability of results to similar regions should be ensured.
• To facilitate access to new markets for Israeli and German enterprises in the water and environmental sector.
• To support and strengthen bilateral and multilateral cooperation in the water sector as well as cooperation between science and industry.
The joint project proposals of the German and Israeli partners will be selected by BMBF and MOST, taking into account external reviews.
The current announcement is open until March 13, 2024 (pre-submission date in Israel: March 6, 2024). The application form is also available for download.
Please note that the submission process for Israeli applicants includes two phases: Pre-proposals must be submitted through an online system by March 6, 2024, (15:00 local time in Israel). The affiliated institution must then submit the final application no later than March 13, 2024.
For German applicants, only the deadline March 13, 2024 applies.
The bilateral cooperation between BMBF and MOST with annual calls for proposals on current research priorities in the field of water technology has existed since 1974. Young researchers also have the opportunity to apply for the Young Scientist Research Program (YSEP).
In 2020, a multilateral cooperation on water research in the Near and Middle East was additionally initiated with a corresponding announcement by MOST in Israel. For information on MEWAC projects please refer to the following website.