Submission period for sustainability research award 2020 open now
Join a prestigious network of renowned scientists, gain unique access to Germany’s sustainability research elite and promote your innovative ideas.
"Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development" was called into life in 2009 by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas from various fields of research. Applicants can, therefore, come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research. The submission period ends 19 May 2020 (2 p.m. CEST).
Every year, the Ministry honours 25 young researchers with the "Green Talents" award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek. Since its inception, the award has recognised 257 young researchers and scientists from 69 different countries for their outstanding achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
The awardees are selected by a jury of renowned German experts and are granted unique access to the country's sustainability research elite.
The Green Talents award includes:
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2020, consisting of
- visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with unique insights into their pioneering research and projects
- individual appointments with German experts of the awardee's choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation
- networking opportunities with Green Talents alumni at the award ceremony in Berlin
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the awardee's choice in 2021
- exclusive access to the Green Talents alumni network