Submission period for sustainability research award open now
Become a Green Talent, promote your research in Germany and benefit from an exclusive network of excellent green researchers. The goal of sustainable development is to find a balance between the need for socio-economic development and the need to preserve the environment, and to thus meet the requirements of present and future generations.
Every year, the Ministry honours 25 young researchers with the Green Talents award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek. Since its inception, the award has recognised 232 young researchers and scientists from 65 different countries for their outstanding achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
The awardees are selected by a jury of renowned German experts and are granted unique access to the country's sustainability research elite.
The Green Talents award includes:
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2019, consisting of
- visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with unique insights into their pioneering research and projects
- individual appointments with German experts of the awardee's choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation
- networking opportunities at the 10-year-anniversary Green Talents alumni conference in Berlin with other sustainability researchers key representatives of the German sustainability landscape
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the awardee´s choice in 2020
- exclusive access to the Green Talents alumni network.
Deadline for submission: 22 May 2019, 2 p.m. CEST.